Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Balloons

These balloons are so common now in Hanoi. Kids love them because there are heaps of different colours and shapes, they're made from plastic and they can be kept for a long time. Lots of people exchange balloons as simple gifts instead of other stuff and they also use them to decorate for christmas, weddings and birthday parties.

I asked the seller and she offered me one for 20,000VND but the couple before me paid 10,000. As I mentioned in some of my other posts, bargaining is just a game that should not be too serious.

3 comments:

shaz said...

How are you always at the right place at the right time to take such pictures? thanks for sharing a slice of hanoi with us. I miss hanoi already - the friendly people and most of the all the CoFFee! I had my morning cuppa at cafe nang (can't remember the street) and its out of this world!
shaz from singapore

Van Cong Tu said...

Hi Shaz,
Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Cafe Nang is located at 6 Hang Bac st. or 129 Trieu Viet Vuong.
Anyway, you r also in S'pore?