Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hue

Hue

We spent four hours on the Sinh Café bus to Hue. We had the most careful driver who drove from 30kms to 40kms per hour meaning we could have been in Hue in an hour. Anyway, during the journey the bus stopped at Marble Mountain and Lang Co Beach before heading to Hue. Lang Co Beach is quite a nice beach, very clean with not many tourists around. Marble Mountain was a bit boring for me, maybe because I’ve been there before.

Hue

Over the years, I've heard so many people mention the Thanh Noi hotel, which is apparently one of the most quiet, old and beautiful hotels in town. This hotel is located in the citadel area, five minutes by motorbike from the centre of Hue which was just perfect for me as I need real quiet for relaxing. Anyway, we made the wrong choice as the hotel staff were terrible and the swimming pool was very cloudy. Some workmen started banging the wall at 7am and of course, the whole hotel was woken up. Oh my gosh, I couldn’t stand that at all. I told myself to calm down and get out of the hotel until the evening and just think about the beauty of Hue only.

Hue

Hue is a beautiful, charming and green city. There are so many old trees and old houses around, the food was great. I ate so much of it in just two nights. I love Bun Bo Hue, Banh Nam, Banh Bot Loc, Banh Hoi, Che and Huda Beer. I think I put on weight heaps during this holiday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hue seriously has the best food...I love banh bot loc, banh beo, bun hen, bun bo Hue,and che! :) I think Hue is my favorite place in all of Vietnam. Next time I go to Vietnam, I'll probably spend most of my time there. I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

that sounds so good Tu! your blog always makes me what to go back and visit, but alas that's probably not going to happen this year...

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Oh, Hue! Yes, the food, the food. And the kids with their kites.

junebee said...

What is the cannon from? It looks like it's from French Colonial times.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I also stayed at the Thanh Noi Hotel after reading many good reviews about it. We found the staff to be among the unfriendliest we have ever encountered in Vietnam. We had booked a room for 3 nights, but checked out the next morning and spent the rest of our stay at the Binh Minh 2 Hotel, which was just the opposite - very friendly.

Anonymous said...

I'm hearing about beautiful houses & architectures at Hoi An, Hue & Dalat.

is it advisable to rent car for driving around vietnam as a tourists? i was thinking about as it may allow me to explore hard tor each places. thanks!

Van Cong Tu said...

junebee, I think those cannon from the past war, maybe during the french war.
slurp! That is a good idea but drive a car in Vietnam is toally different than other country. :)