Monday, February 18, 2008

Phu Quoc Part V

Rainbow bar's food (24)

During my trip to Pho Quoc, I decided to take it easy for one full day just relaxing and walking along the beach. In the evening, I met up with my friends, Anne and Arno, for dinner at the Rainbow Bar which is right on the hotel's beach. We started with some cocktails and beer then we had two bottles of red wine and white wine over the whole evening. We felt a bit drunk afterwards and then we booked a table for Christmas Eve which was the next day. Following the recommendation of the restaurant boss, we pre-ordered 2 big fish (about 2kgs) for grilling which for some reason is much cheaper than ordering on the day. That suited me as I had more money for wine!

Saigon noodle - Phu Quoc (1)

We had a great time on that evening and the grilled fish was so good plus in addition to the barbequed crocodile, squid and prawns. I suffered from a really heavy hangover the next morning before having my last look at Phu Quoc before leaving for Saigon at midday. I hired a motorbike to drive to town for a big bowl of noodles for breakfast and to take some final photos plus 2 pills of panadol and a can of red bull. I felt a bit better but I didn't realize that I left my wallet in the taxi to the airport with all my money and my bank cards. Thank god, I called the hotel and Tuan Anh, the receptionist, solved my problem and the driver brought it back to me at the airport.

Phu Quoc beach

The last few words I want to say about Phu Quoc are: Peaceful, Beautiful, Sweet people, Great food and Thuan Kieu is such great resort. I want to thank Tuan Anh and Phu Quoc has given me such a memorable trip and I'll be back for more. See you again soon, Phu Quoc!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you know how to have a good time and spend less huh mr Godknows. Seem you always have a good time. You are such a lucky man. Happy Tet!
Peter

Van Cong Tu said...

Peter, Thanks. I always try to make me happy:)

Vietnam travel guide said...

Wow, I like Phu Quoc. Phu Quoc beautiful.

Mary said...

Thank for nice post.